Beauty + Nail Care Diploma
This course is aimed at those that have a passion for all things beauty. Students study a vast array of popular beauty treatments including makeup, nails, lash lift, eyelash extensions, facials, spray tan and much more.
Our experienced Lecturers will ensure that you are confident in your treatments and help you through every step of your studies. Students attend classes onsite at our state of the art facilities. This is an intensive course that requires plenty of practice and study in order to become competent in your chosen areas of expertise.
During this course students work on one another. Models are only required for treatment evidence and end of course examinations. Brands that you will work with throughout this course include Dermalogica, The Manicure Company and INGLOT cosmetics. Work experience is an important part of this course and should be obtained prior to commencing the course in September. Early booking is advised as we have limited places on this course.
Opportunities for employment include: working in beauty salons or spa, becoming self employed and opening your business, work for beauty brands in sales or distribution, work from home, become an Educator. The list is endless.
• Students should have a good level of written and spoken English
• Students must have access to a computer/ laptop to carry out portfolio work.
Beauty + Nail Care students will cover comprehensive training and extensive practical experience in the following areas:
- Skincare, Skin analysis, in – depth consultation and forming a treatment plan
- Double cleansing and toning
- Deep Cleansing; exfoliation creams, brush cleansing, steaming and extractions
- Face Masks; clay, commercial and biological masks
- Face, neck and shoulder massage using Swedish massage techniques
- Eyelash and Eyebrow treatments; eyelash tinting, eyebrow tinting and eyebrow shaping
- Make-up application; day, evening, special occasion and bridal
- False Lash application; strip and individual eyelashes
- Natural nail treatments; manicure and pedicure including specialised treatments such as exfoliants, masks, thermal treatment and paraffin wax
- Nail Technology; gel and acrylic enhancements, gel polish
- Depilation; full and half leg wax, underarm and bikini, forearm and facial waxing using hot and cool wax
- Anatomy & Physiology of the face, head & neck, hand & arm, foot & leg
- Business awareness and professional conduct studies
- Hygiene and sterilisation
- Cosmetic science and product knowledge
- Infection prevention studies
- Spray Tan
- Nail Art
- Lash Lift
- Classic Eyelash Extensions
Mondays 09.30am – 4.30pm, and Wednesdays 10am – 2pm
September 19th & 21st 2022
Students of this course work towards internationally recognised qualifications, awarded by ITEC and The Beauty Institute.
- ITEC Level 2 Beauty Specialist Diploma
- ITEC Level 3 Nail Technology Diploma
- ITEC Award in Infection Prevention and Control
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Spray Tan
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Lash Lift
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Classic Eyelash Extensions
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Nail Art
- Dermalogica Product Knowledge & Retail Excellence training
Method of Assessment
Method of Assessment
The Beauty Institute prides itself on its continuous assessment. This allows both our tutors, and our students to carefully monitor their progress throughout the course.
Students complete at the end of the course:
- Practical examinations – externally verified by an ITEC Examiner
- Theory examinations (MCQ Papers in all modules of study)
Students complete throughout the course:
- Case Studies on facials, eye treatments, make up, nail treatments, waxing and eyelash extensions.
Total Course Investment €3875
- Deposit: €1000
- Payment plan available: Week One €975, Week Eight €950, Week Twenty-One €950
Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable, Please see our ‘Terms & Conditions’ page for more details. If you are in receipt of a social welfare payment you may be entitled to funding. Please contact your local INTREO office for details and to apply.
- Beauty kit
- Nail technology kit
- Eyelash extension kit
- Lash lift kit
- Uniform tunic x 2
- ITEC Examination fees
- Student insurance
- Course books and literature
- Dermalogica Partnership Programme training (Aspire Award, completed online)
What must I supply?
What must I supply?
• Plain black trousers, hip-length black cardigan and black shoes. Hair donut to secure hair back off the face and neck.
• 2 x plain black ring binder folders for portfolio work.
• Stationary and refill pad.
- You will need access to a computer / laptop and printer to carry out your treatment evidence work.