Complementary Therapies Diploma
€500.00 – €3,500.00
This course is aimed at those that have a passion for all things beauty. Students study a vast array of popular beauty treatments including makeup, nails, lash lift, eyelash extensions, facials, spray tan and much more.
Our experienced Lecturers will ensure that you are confident in your treatments and help you through every step of your studies. Students attend classes onsite at our state of the art facilities. This is an intensive course that requires plenty of practice and study in order to become competent in your chosen areas of expertise.
During this course students work on one another. Models are only required for treatment evidence and end of course examinations. Brands that you will work with throughout this course include Dermalogica, The Manicure Company and INGLOT cosmetics. Work experience is an important part of this course and should be obtained prior to commencing the course in September. Early booking is advised as we have limited places on this course.
Opportunities for employment include: working in beauty salons or spa, becoming self employed and opening your business, work for beauty brands in sales or distribution, work from home, become an Educator. The list is endless.
This comprehensive complementary therapy diploma is like no other. It will equip the Learner with an extensive knowledge in the most popular holistic therapies, namely body massage, reflexology, Indian Head Massage and hot stone massage.
You will also study extensive knowledge in anatomy and physiology, business and professionalism, client care and communication, infection prevention, hygiene and sterilisation, health and safety and much more.
Upon completion of this course, graduates may decide to work in busy spas or massage clinics. You may decide to travel with your internationally recognised qualifications and work abroad in world famous luxury Spa resorts or on cruise ships. This course will also give you the knowledge and expertise to open your own complementary therapy business should you wish to do so.
Our dedicated team of Educators have years of experience in their field of expertise. They are not only fully qualified in their area but also hold recognised lecturing and assessing qualifications.
• Students should have a good level of written and spoken English.
• Students must have access to a computer/ laptop to carry out portfolio work.
Complementary Therapy students will cover comprehensive training and extensive practical experience in the following areas:
- Holistic Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Anatomy & Physiology for body treatments
- Business awareness and professional conduct studies
- Client care and communication
- Hygiene and sterilisation
- Product knowledge
- Infection prevention studies
Tuesdays 09.30am – 4.30pm weekly
One Sunday per month September – April
Commences September 13th 2021
(Exams April 2022)
Students of this course work towards internationally recognised qualifications, awarded by ITEC and The Beauty Institute.
- ITEC Level 3 Holistic Massage Diploma
- ITEC Level 3 Reflexology Diploma
- ITEC Award in Infection Prevention and Control
- CIBTAC Level 3 Massage Techniques Diploma
Method of Assessment
Method of Assessment
The Beauty Institute prides itself on its continuous assessment. This allows both our tutors, and our students to carefully monitor their progress throughout the course.
Students complete at the end of the course:
- Practical examinations – externally verified by ITEC and CIBTAC Examiners
- Theory examinations (MCQ Papers in all modules of study)
Students complete throughout the course:
- Case Studies on body treatments and reflexology
Total Course Investment €3500.00
- Deposit: €500
Payment plan available:
- September 13th €750
- November 1st €1000
- January 31st 2022 €500
- February 21st 2022 €500
- March 14th 2022 €500
Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable, Please see our ‘Terms & Conditions’ page for more details. If you are in receipt of a social welfare payment you may be entitled to funding. Please contact your local INTREO office for details and to apply.
Included in your total course investment:
- Uniform tunic
- ITEC and CIBTAC Examination fees
- Course text books and literature
Not Included in the total course investment:
- Infection Prevention exam fee €22
- ABT Student Insurance €39
What must I supply?
What must I supply?
• Plain navy trousers, plain hip-length navy cardigan and navy shoes. Hair donut to secure hair back off the face and neck.
• 2 x plain black ring binder folders for portfolio work.
• Stationary and refill pad.
- You will need access to a computer / laptop and printer to carry out your treatment evidence work.