Terms & Conditions
- A student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the condition that the student will attend on the date (the commencement date) and at the time specified in the enrolment receipt letter or email, which will be sent to the student in the weeks following receipt of their course booking together with the correct registration fee/deposit.
- Deposits and payments are not refundable but can be credited against future course fee’s if applicable, up to a 6 month period.
- All course payment plans must be adhered to. Failure to make payments will incur a late fee. The late fee is 20% upon that amount. After two weeks should full payment still not be paid and additional 20% will be added to that balance and it may result in you not being permitted to attend your course.
- Failure to complete all payments in full at deadline dates will result in students not being permitted to sit exams, photoshoots or and receive photoshoot images and exam results.
- All payment plans and course fees must be paid in full and as per the payment plan outlined for that course.
- The Beauty Institute reserves the right to change the commencement dates, course dates and layout of a course.
- Due to courses being booked out in advance, cancellations are accepted two weeks in advance of a part time course date. Cancellation fee’s apply for late cancellations. Part time courses are subject to a cancellation fee of €500. This does not include the initial deposit paid.
- Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or Terrorist act.
- Should a student not complete a course for whatever reason all fees remain payable to The Beauty Institute. Non-completion of a course does not waive fee obligations.
- Students who receive funding may be still liable for full course fees if funding has not been received within the required time frame specified by the funding authority. Similarly if funding is declined or if funding is not received within three months students may also be liable for payment of full fees.
- Students who fail to complete the course but have been approved for funding are still liable for the remaining course fees.
CANCELLATIONS AND TRANSFERS
- Should any student request a transfer they may do so 14 days before the course start date. The fees paid can be transferred. Transfers cannot be accepted less than the 14 day period.
- Deposits and payments on course cancellations are non-refundable.
- A student may only transfer between the same course.
- Course hours can be varied at the discretion of the Management of the College without prior notice.
- If a class is unavoidably cancelled by The Beauty Institute, The Beauty Institute agree to make this class up with the student however the day/date and time is at the discretion of The Beauty Institute and may not typically fall within the normal class set days or hours. However it will fall during your term at The Beauty Institute or prior to your class graduation.
- All students must hold a 96% attendance rate in order to receive their diploma/certification from The Beauty Institute and any other awarding bodies. In the case of continual lateness or absenteeism, students will not be eligible to complete their course or entitled to attend or transfer to any alternative course dates and will still be liable for all course fees.
- All students must hold a 96% attendance rate within each course module in order to sit their examination.
- If a student fails to meet the 96% attendance rate, the student will require a doctor cert for the time missed.
- If a student is to attend an appointment during course hours, the student must give at least 48 hours’ notice. If no notice is given the student will be marked absent and the above fees for resits will apply.
- Due to the possibility of copyright infringement the use of video camera and audio recording equipment is not permitted in The Beauty Institute.
- As all courses are of a continuous nature no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent of the College Principal who also reserves the right to immediately dismiss any student from a course. The decision of the College Principal in such matters will be deemed final.
- Students will need to practice upon one another during courses.
- Students are responsible for bringing all kit items / equipment / products required to each and every class. Borrowing from another student is discouraged. The Beauty Institute will not supply items that a student is missing.
- The name The Beauty Institute may not be used in any form of advertising, only for reference of your college of training.
- Photoshoot images are only issued to students who complete and pass their course (make up artistry courses).
- The Beauty Institute does not hold training courses on Bank Holiday Mondays or public holidays.
- At times students will be asked to source models from outside the academy to work on during class (make up artistry courses). All responsibility lies with the student when a model is brought to class.
- In the event that a student is absent for three consecutive days the student must present a Doctors Certificate.
- Should a student fall under The Beauty Institute 96% attendance rate a student may be expelled or refused examinations/photoshoots at the discretion of the Directors of the College.
- In the event of a Student being absent from a class, two other students may have to practice on one model or students may work on their own face.
- The Beauty Institute reserves the right to change the course commencement date and will give reasonable notice of such change to the students.
- Should The Beauty Institute change a course date and if the new date does not suit the student, the student is entitled to either a) transfer to another date or course b) transfer another named candidate to the place (all deposits & fees are non-refundable).
- Should a student fail to complete a course for any reason, they will forfeit any fees paid and no refunds are applicable.
- The products and equipment used on our training courses, remains at all times the property of The Beauty Institute.
- CCTV cameras are in operation at all times in the Institute.
- On occasions students may be asked to supply models for examinations, case studies and photoshoots. This applies to all some, but not all courses. Please course details for this information.
- Security bag checks may be carried out at any time. This applies to all students and The Beauty Institute staff.
- The Beauty Institute do not take any responsibility for any allergic reactions due to the use of product in class on students or any models they bring to class (including the use of SFX products). The onus is on the individual student to investigate ingredients in products provided by The Beauty Institute.
These conditions shall form the basis of the contract between The Beauty Institute and the Student. Only the Management of The Beauty Institute shall be authorised to alter or waive any of the aforementioned conditions mentioned above.