The Brow Technician
€250.00 – €825.00
Eyebrow waxing is a staple treatment for most salons. This course will teach you the necessary skills and knowledge required to carry out not only eyebrow waxing, but eyebrow threading and tweezing also. In order to achieve the best possible brow shape for your client we take into account many factors such as face structure, eye shape, hair type and growth pattern. We map the shape of the brow so that only the right hairs are removed to give the best shape. Doing this will also help us train the eyebrow to grow in certain areas that may contain gaps due to over-tweezing.
And it doesn’t end there. As leading experts in the field of beauty, and beauty education, we at the forefront of offering the most up to date beauty treatments. In this course, you will study the latest eyebrow treatments; Brow Lamination and Henna Brows.
Brow Lamination is suitable for everyone, whether they are lucky enough to have natural, full brows, or for the client that has slimmer, possibly over-tweezed brows. The treatment softens the hair structure so as to manipulate and set the hairs into a new shape to give the eyebrows a fuller, fluffy looking appearance. It has gained huge popularity in recent years and is a treatment menu must-have.
Henna Brows is a natural alternative to traditional eyebrow tinting. Not only does it give a strong, bold colour effect, the stain can last up to two weeks on the skin and six weeks on the eyebrow hair meaning that it lasts longer than traditional tint. It’s a firm favourite with The Beauty Institute team, and a lovely treatment to carry out.
Participants need not have any existing beauty qualifications in order to attend this course. Although it is suitable for the absolute beginner, it is also perfect for those looking to enhance existing skills and add to their repertoire, such as Makeup Artists, Lash Technicians or Nail Technicians.
STUDY EVERYTHING THERE IS TO DO WITH BROWS!
No previous beauty qualifications are required in order to attend.
Students must be 18 or over.
Students must have a good level of written and spoken English.
All courses are kept intimate with a maximum of 6 learners to a class. Learners will study:
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin and hair
- Infection control and correct waste disposal
- The hair structure
- Hair types
- Using hot and strip wax
- Skin diseases and disorders
- Contraindications and Contra-actions
- Legal concerns and consultation requirments
- Aftercare Advice
- Professional demonstration of the following subjects; eyebrow shaping (using waxing, threading and tweezing depilation methods), eyebrow tinting, brow lamination and henna brows
- Practical training; participants will work on one another in the morning session, and on their own model in the afternoon
- Practical set up
- Industry tips, tricks and advice
- Supplier recomendations
- Social media tips
- Treatment photography tips and tricks. How to best showcase your work to engage potential customers
- Includes professional starter kits for all treatments
*At least two models are required for this course. Models must not be contraindicated to the treatments being provided. One model may be used for day one – eyebrow shaping and tinting, and a second model for day two – brow lamination and henna brows
Please see below for our upcoming training dates.
- September 19th 10am – 3.30pm and September 26th 10am – 5pm
Students of this course work towards an internationally recognised certificates, fully accredited (ABT Associated Beauty Therapists) and fully insurable.
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Eyebrow Shaping
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Brow Lamination
- The Beauty Institute Certificate in Henna Brows
Method of Assessment
Method of Assessment
Students must demonstrate a satisfactory standard of carrying out the treatments to achieve certification.
Deposit required to secure place: €250
Balance of €575 must be paid two weeks prior to the course commencing. Payment can be made by calling 090-6433601.
- Extensive course literature
- ABT Accredited Certificate
Professional Treatment Kits; wax heater, hot wax, tweezers, disposables; mascara wands, lipgloss wands and spatulas. Pre and after wax lotions, henna brows kit (enough to carry out 20+ treatments) and consumables, brow lamination kit (enough to carry out 15-20 treatments)
What must I supply?
What must I supply?
All materials required for the course will be supplied.